Bible verse translations for performers and fans
No matter what challenges we may face in our lives, the Bible has wisdom that will guide, comfort and help us. Sometimes, in order to understand how very explicitly God’s Word applies to our particular situations, we need a bit of translation assistance.
Following is a selection of Bible verses, followed by my translations to clarify how the verses apply to performers and their fans.
- Ephesians 6:18 (NIV): Pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
- Ephesians 6:18 (fan translation): Pray for your favorite performer. He/she needs your prayers just as much as anyone else. ^^
- Proverbs 25:28 (NIV): Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control.
- Proverbs 25:28 (fan translation): Make sure your affection for your favorite performer doesn’t take over your life. God can help. ^^
- Jeremiah 15:15a (NIV): LORD, you understand; remember me and care for me.
- Jeremiah 15:15a (performer/fan translation): No matter how lonely or misunderstood you feel, God understands. He’s right there with you and He loves you.
- Exodus 20:3 (NIV): “You shall have no other gods before me.”
- Exodus 20:3 (fan translation): Support your favorite performer, but don’t give them God’s place in your heart & life. ^^
- Psalm 95:1-2 (NIV): Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.
- Psalm 95:1-2 (performer translation): Use the gifts God has given you to bring him glory onstage as well as off. ^^
- Colossians 4:6 (NIV): Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
- Colossians 4:6 (K-pop netizen translation): Be courteous to other fans, even if they don’t support your oppa/unnie/oshimen/etc. ^^
- Philippians 4:13 (NIV): I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
- Philippians 4:13 (performer/fan translation): God hasn’t called us to do everything, but what He has called us to do, He’ll enable us to do.
- Ephesians 4:29 (NIV): Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
- Ephesians 4:29 (K-pop netizen translation): Have fun, but keep it kind and constructive. Remember, Oppa has the internet. ^^
Want more? I regularly post such translations on the Prayers for Oppa Twitter account.
What’s your favorite Bible verse? How would you translate it for performers and fans?
– Teresa Santoski